Monday, September 26, 2011

52 Things to do while your waiting to hear back from your insurance company.

1. Read a book. Currently reading 3 books, "Bandwagon", "My Booky Wook 2" and "Clive Barker: Books of Blood"
2. Finish "Bandwagon"
3. Keep practicing band food techniques/rules (chewing thoroughly, small bites, no water 1 hr before/after, etc.)
4. Compile coupons for band foods/items (soups, gas x, etc) Did this a couple weeks ago, but will be collecting more beforehand.
5. Go over your MANY reasons (pros) of why your having this surgery, again.Always, can't wait! Super excited, nervous, anxious, etc!
6. Continue reading band blogs and lapbandtalk.comEveryday.
7. Watch fall tv showsAll the goodies, including new ones (New Girl, 2 Broke girls, Ridiculousness, Death Valley) and all my old faves (Parks and Rec, Criminal Minds, Jersey Shore, Dance Moms, etc)
8. Watch movies
9. Continue to have multiple dreams (that you remember) every night, weird ones.Super weird ones, pretty much every morning (during my morning pee) I remember them, but then I forget when I wake up again.
10. Daydream about your future (a healthier, skinnier version).Ever since I can remember.
11. Continue going to the gym 4-6 days a week.
12. Paint nails, again and again.
13. Play with Bella (chinchilla)All the time, I love her!
14. Have lots of pre-band sex
15. Try various protein supplements/barsI'm eating Atkins right now (mainly because they only have 1g of sugar, but wow, they def. aren't as good as my luna bars. :(
16. Arrange post-op helpThis has been arranged for quite a while, my mom and my awesome bf with be splitting their time with me :)
17. Make a list of everything you will miss about being fat (should be pretty short)I will not miss a damn thing!
18. Read magazinesAlways reading something (I read Cosmo, Glamour, Teen Vogue, Marie Claire, Rolling Stone, People, US Weekly, Food & Wine, Real Simple, Fitness, etc)
19. Think of comebacks/answers for when people ask me "how are you doing it?"
20. Buy somethingWe were just in Philly, so we bought quite a lot and I just got new shoes and bought groceries of course
21. Do nothingOne of my fave past times
22. Pack your hospital bag
23. Continue being positive Everyday goal. :)
24. Think about new recipes
25. Buy a food scale
26. Make a list about everything you will LOVE about losing weight Everything! Good and bad.
27. Go dancing!
28. Hang your post-op "I will fit into this" shirt out
29. Spend time with family and friends
30. Cuddle
31. Read another book
32. Compose a list of last minute surgery/post op questionsI only have 2 right now, but I think I feel pretty confident in everything else
33. Go to workEveryday M-F
34. Continue to try and eat more fruits/veggies
35. Play with iPhoneEveryday
36. Check weather, multiple timesEveryday
37. Go to PA Ren Faire
38. Teach myself some chords on acoustic guitar
39. Visit a dear friend and her adorable kids
40. Stretch more
41. Print more coupons
42. WorkAgain, everyday.
43. Reflect on life
44. Take a bubble bath, or two
45. Buy a bento box
46. Drink waterAgain, all day, every day.
47. SleepEvery night
48. Nap. Occassionally.
49. Hear back from insurance
50. Go to final nutritionist appointment about post op info
51. Work on a list/informational directory of a food nutritional label for myself and bf.
52. Schedule and have surgery!


Woo! It's only been about 9 days since they submitted it, luckily I'm probably about half way through this list. :)

2 comments:

  1. The wait is excruciating - Each day that goes by is one day closer tho!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I feel your pain on this one. Sounds like you've got a lot of productive ways to keep yourself busy.

    ReplyDelete